TITAS 2020: Footwear Sustainability Highlights
Organized by the Taiwan Textile Federation (TTF), Taipei Innovative Textile Application Show (TITAS) is the only international textile exhibition in Taiwan, as well as one of the leading textile trade show in Asia.
TITAS 2020 At A Glance
- The only professional textile exhibition in Taiwan
- More than 300 exhibitors from 11 countries, 803 Booths in total
- 5 Key themes: Functional Applications, Sustainability, Personal Protective Textiles, Smart Textiles, and Intelligent Manufacturing
As a problem solver, we visit TITAS each year to discover the latest sustainable and performance solutions for our clients. In this special year, we'd like to share some highlights focusing on sustainable footwear applications, for those who were unable to present:
The Footwear Sustainability Highlights
- Go Bio (Biomass / Biosynthesis / Biodegradation)
- Sugarcane Based Yarn – Made from 30% sugar cane waste.
- Biodegradable Polyester – An innovative fiber that is biodegradable within 3-4 years.
- Biosynthetic Chemicals and Dyes – A brand new green production technology with zero discharge of hazardous substance.
- Recycled Chemical Fibers & Fabrics
- Recycled Polyester Filament – Post-industrial recycling, made from textile waste.
- 100% Recycled Nylon – Chemical free, made from post-consumer textile waste.
- Post-consumer Recycled Membrane – Made from 52% recycled PET.
- Eco Materials & Components
- TPU Fiber – Eco-friendly while with better wear resistance.
- Eco Vegan Leather – Solvent-free, waterless and non-toxic.
- Recycled PET Based Midsole - Made from 30% recycled PET.
- Recycled PET Insole, Lining and Reinforcement
- Eco Shoelaces and Strips
For more than a month, we've studied and got on with the development of these latest technologies with our partners for footwear applications.
If you are interested to know more, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.